GeoTools is an open source Java GIS toolkit providing implementations of many Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) specifications as they are developed. GeoTools is also associated with the GeoAPI project that creates geospatial, Java interfaces.
GeoTools code is built using the latest Java tools and environments and its modular architecture allows extra functionality to be easily incorporated. GeoTools code is released under the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL).
- Supports OGC Grid Coverage implementation
- Coordinate reference system and transformation support
- Symbology using OGC Styled Layer Descriptor (SLD) specification
- Attribute and spatial filters using OGC Filter Encoding specification
- Supports graphs and networks
- Java Topology Suite (JTS) - with support for the OGC Simple Features Specification - used as the geometry model for vector features.
- Two Renderers:
- LiteRenderer - a stateless, low memory renderer, particularly useful in server-side environments
- J2D - a stateful renderer with optimizations for update rate and good for interactive client-side displays
OGC Geography Markup Language (GML)
OGC Web Feature Server (WFS)
OGC Web Mapping Server (WMS)
Images georeferenced with a world file