Initiatives are a great opportunity to see our community in action – often gathering together our members, open source projects, and partners.
- Free and Open Source Software For Geospatial (FOSS4G) – our annual global under the care of the conference committee, and a series of regional open source outreach events hosted by our local chapters.
- GeoForAll – making geospatial education and opportunities accessible to all
- GSOC – initiative taking advantage of the Google Summer of Code program to provide students with first hand open source experience
- Local Chapters – regional OSGeo groups promoting open source around the world and close to home
- OSGeo Live – an easy to use distribution of open source geospatial software for outreach and evaluation
- Open GeoScience – applying the principles of open source to make scientific research, data and results transparent and accessible for science and society – under the care of the open geoscience committee
- UN initiative support the UN migration to Open Source Geospatial software solutions – under the care of the UN Committee