GeoTools is popular Java library used by web services, cloud solutions, command line tools and desktop applications.
Definition of interfaces for key spatial concepts and data structures
- Integrated Geometry support provided by Java Topology Suite (JTS)
- Attribute and spatial filters using OGC Filter Encoding specification
A clean data access API supporting feature access, transaction support and locking between threads
- Access GIS data in many file formats and spatial databases
- Coordinate reference system and transformation support
- Work with an extensive range of map projections
- Filter and analyze data in terms of spatial and non-spatial attributes
A stateless, low memory renderer, particularly useful in server-side environments.
- Compose and display maps with complex styling
- Vendor extensions for fine control of text labels and color blending
Powerful schema assisted parsing technology using XML Schema to bind to GML content
- The parsing / encoding technology is provided with bindings for many OGC standards including GML, Filter, KML, SLD, and SE.
GeoTools Plugins: open plug-in system allowing you to teach the library additional formats
- Plug-ins for the ImageIO-EXT project allowing GeoTools to read additional raster formats from GDAL
- rovide additional capabilities built using the spatial facilities of the core library.
- Extensions provide graph and networking support (for finding the shortest path), validation, a web map server client, bindings for XML parsing and encoding and color brewer!
- GeoTools also operates as part of a wider community with a staging area used to foster new talent and promote experimentation.
- Highlights include swing support (used in our tutorials!), swt, local and web process support, additional symbology, additional data formats, generation of grids and a couple of implementations of ISO Geometry.
- Raster formats and data access including arcsde, arcgrid, geotiff, grassraster, gtopo30, image (JPEG, TIFF, GIF, PNG), imageio-ext-gdal, imagemosaic, imagepyramid, JP2K, matlab
- Database support for db2, h2, mysql, oracle, postgis, spatialite, sqlserver
- Vector formats and data access including arcsde, csv, dxf, edigeo, excel, geojson, org, property, shapefile, a wfs client
- Advanced vector formats including application schema support allowing mapping of information to a predefined data product.
- XML Bindings for Java data structures and bindings provided for the following: xsd-core (xml simple types), fes, filter, gml2, gml3, kml, ows, sld, wcs, wfs, wms, wps, vpf. Additional Geometry, Filter and Style parser/encoders available for DOM and SAX applications.
- Geographic JSON (GeoJSON)
- Georeferenced Tagged Image File Format (GeoTIFF)
- Geography Markup Language (GML)
- Keyhole Markup Language (KML)
- Styled Layer Descriptor (SLD)
- Web Coverage Service (WCS)
- Web Feature Service (WFS)
- Web Feature Service - Transactional (WFS-T)
- Web Map Service (WMS)
- Web Map Tile Service (WMTS)
- Web Processing Service (WPS)