GeoNetwork opensource Project Info Sheet
GeoNetwork opensource: a standards based Geographic Data and Information Management System for the web
Home Page: http://geonetwork-opensource.org
Project Flyer: GeoNetwork_opensource_20_Flyer.pdf
Articles: GeoNetwork_opensource related articles
Mailing Lists: geonetwork-devel and geonetwork-users
GeoNetwork opensource is a catalog application to manage spatially referenced resources. It provides powerful metadata editing and search functions as well as an embedded interactive web map viewer.
GeoNetwork opensource has been developed to connect spatial information communities and their data using a modern architecture, which is at the same time powerful and low cost, based on the principles of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) and International and Open Standards for services and protocols (a.o. from ISO/TC211 and OGC).
- Immediate search access to local and distributed geospatial catalogues
- Up- and downloading of data, graphics, documents, pdf files and any other content type
- An interactive Web Map Viewer to combine Web Map Services from distributed servers around the world
- A randomly selected Featured Map
- Recently updated entries, also accessible as RSS news feeds and as GeoRSS.
- Online editing of metadata with a powerful template system
- Native support for ISO19115/ISO19119/ISO19139, FGDC and Dublin Core formatted metadata
- Scheduled harvesting and synchronization of metadata between distributed catalogues
- Fine-grained access control
- Group and user management
- Multi-lingual user interface