Welcome to another exciting year for OSGeo!
Many of our most important initiatives are only possible thanks to the support of our volunteers and sponsors. If you are in position to support our community, events and activities in 2017 we would love to hear from you.
OSGeo sponsorship is accumulated across events giving us a chance to recognize organizations that support us financially at each level of our community from local chapter meetups, project sprints, foundation initiatives, local FOSS4G events and this year’s global FOSS4G 2017 in Boston.
We have two key OSGeo initiatives with fund raising targets in 2017:
- Digital asset rebranding and website reboot: The marketing committee has volunteered to undertake an Expression of Interest and Request for Proposals process to revamp the OSGeo visual and online presence in 2017. This is a significant user-focused undertaking that would greatly benefit from your support!
- OSGeo-UN Hackathon: Our UN Committee would like to host sprints and workshops with UN partners. Additional fundraising is slated to help with travel costs allowing OSGeo project leads to attend.
Event sponsorship opportunities:
- FOSS4G 2017 Boston – our celebrated meeting of the tribes global event with keynote speakers from Paul Ramsey to Dr. Richard Stallman.
- FOSS4G Europe 2017 – a great combination of workshops, conference and code sprint July 18th-22nd in Paris.
- FOSS4G-ASIA 2017– Extends foss4g to Asia welcomingall GIS communities and tribes to Hyderaba January 26-29.
- Daytona Beach Code Sprint 2017 – our annual code sprint takes place in North America this year, bringing together project members to make decisions and tackle larger geospatial problems.
- Additional regional and project events will be announced throughout the year, keep your eye open for a chance to assist either financially or in person.
Sponsorship benefits range from website placement, inclusion in promotional material, to events and press releases. For additional information, examples and available discounts, please see our sponsorship page, 2017 reference (or contact email@example.com with your questions).