Digital asset rebranding and website reboot
The Digital asset rebranding and website reboot is a key OSGeo initiative for 2017. The marketing committee has volunteered to undertake an Expression of Interest and Request for Proposals process to revamp the OSGeo visual and online presence.
Expression of Interest Selection ProcessThe request for expression of interested is now available. OSGeo invites eligible firms to indicate their interest in providing the services detailed in this solicitation:
Key dates for the project EOI / Selection process:
- January 13th (done) - Release EOI
- January 27th (done) - Close the EOI
- January 30th (done) - February 3rd (done) - Evaluate EOI and proposal
- February 6th (done) - ask short listed firms for proposal (technical / financial / schedule)
- February 20th (done) - Close proposal process
- Week of February 20th (in progress) - evaluate and interview shortlisted firms
- Week of February 28th - award contract (for March Kickoff)
Initiative SponsorsThe following sponsors have made their logos available for use in design mock-ups:
OSGeo projects and initiatives may be sponsored directly, the marketing committee would love your support of this rebranding/website exercise; we cannot think of a better way to assist in the growth of the OSGeo community. We feel that it is important to role out the new website for the FOSS4G 2017 Boston event. To meet this goal we have set a very aggressive schedule outlined in the EOI. While the OSGeo board has committed funds to this exercise, they have set us a solid fundraising target of $20,000 USD.
The marketing committee would like to offer sponsors:
- A blog post thanking sponsors of $500 USD or more.
- Sponsors providing $1000 USD or more will have their name and logo used in for the creation of wireframes and mock ups by the vendor. This is a high-visibility placement for your brand, as the deliverable is of great interest to OSGeo members (reviewed in detail by enthusiasts world wide.)
- Sponsors supporting this activity with $2000 USD or more will be thanked in each blog post, status update and presentation sent to the community.
To sponsor this initiative via paypal use the donate button and mention "rebranding/website" in the comment. If your organization requires an invoice, please contact for email@example.com to make arrangements. The OSGeo website sponsor level is determined on total OSGeo contribution totalled across all foundation projects, events and initiatives.
We ask interest volunteers to please join the marketing committee. We would like to have a healthy mix of representatives from across the OSGeo community take part in this outreach exercise.
We would also ask that volunteers distribute the Request for Expression of Interest to appropriate professionals they know and would be comfortable recommending.
Finally there may be an opportunity to help with content migration (to the new website or the wiki as appropriate).