To be listed as a service provider:
- Create an OSGeo UserID.
- Sign up to the marketing committee email list and request Service Provider Author role.
- Use Service Providers –> Add New to create a new service providers page.
- When ready ask the marketing committee to review and publish.
- Once published you may continue to update content to reflect your identity and growing expertise.
It will take about ten to fifteen minuets to fill out the page. The form fields are split across different tabs as described below.
Good examples to review before starting:
- Terranodo is a good example of a individual consultant
- GeoCat is a good example of a small organization with a team photo, contributing to multiple projects highlighting their participation in the community.
- Boundless is a good example of mid to large organization, contributing to multiple projects , highlighting their commercial products.
Service Provider Page
Page starts out with key information used for service provider listing:
- Name and permalink
- Service provider contributor type order is used to showcase core contributors
- Logo, please see logo guidelines below
Service Provider Details
Details used for discovery, define on the right hand side under publish options:
- Service Provider Type: Firm or Individual Consultants
- Contributor Types: Core Contributors, Contributors, Others
- Project Types: Please highlight area of experience
- Language: Indicate languages service is available in
- Locations: Office locations
First tab defining header area:
- Introduction, show at top of page along side logo.
- Call-2-actions, shown as action buttons under logo linking to website page or external link.
- Photo, often used for a team photo to fit in with people-first osgeo website message, or to show office building to respect employee privacy.
The call to action buttons are very visible and can be used to link your website, GitHub repository, or open source community statement.
Second tab for page content:
- Content, introduce your services and products!
- Image, product image if appropriate
Third tab increasing page visibility with cross links to OSGeo content:
- Product contributions, link to open source projects on this website.
- Organization Type, individual, small, or mid to large
- Technology expertise
- Website, link shown in service provider listing
You may wish to add additional projects to the website to showcase your experience.
Position your logo on a 720 x 412 tile for use on the website.
- Save tile_template.png to use as backdrop.
- Position your logo in the centre of the tile.
- Upload to the website as a media file, and use as service provider icon.