The International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing is a non-governmental organization devoted to the development of international cooperation for the advancement of photogrammetry and remote sensing and their applications.
Relationship with OSGeo
Both parties to this MOU share the goal of helping share global geo-information with all communities.
- To formally bridge the photogrammetry, remote sensing and spatial information science communities with the Open Source geospatial community.
- To promote the distribution and use of open geo-data sets in all communities.
- To promote the development of related photogrammetry, remote sensing and spatial information Open Source software.
- To work closely with the Geo for All initiative, to help promote openness in education and research.
- To hold joint international workshops and conference sessions on open geo-data sets and Open Source photogrammetry, remote sensing and spatial software.