We are very happy to announce the new release of Orfeo ToolBox 5.10, codename Valentine! Besides 29 bugs fixed, we are introducing some exciting new features:
* On the fly color mapping in Monteverdi with GLSL shaders. One of Orfeo ToolBox flagship application is Monteverdi, a hardware accelerated satellite image viewer that works with multiple geometries (including sensor!). In the upcoming version, OTB 5.10, we are adding a powerful new feature: live color mapping with GLSL shaders. What does that mean? You can now add colors to your single band raster images on the fly!
* Easy migration from GUI to Bash with automatic command line. Have you ever used an OTB application from Monteverdi and wanted to move it to a script? Now it’s easier than ever! Whenever you use any OTB application from the GUI, there will be the equivalent command line for Bash displayed in the Logs tab.
* New applications in OTB. DomainTransform for transforming images to the Fourier or Wavelet domain
* A new system for making composite applications. We can now write applications that call other applications, improving code reuse. For example, the BundleToPerfectSensor application has been refactored to reuse the Superimpose and Pansharpening applications internally.
* Packaging Remote Module. We are now packaging remote modules for binary distribution. Select packages compatible with our build system are now available for download via a “OTB-contrib” package that includes the standard OTB installation (Applications, Monteverdi, etc), plus remote module binaries.
* For a full list of changes, see the [https://git.orfeo-toolbox.org/otb.git/blob/refs/heads/release-5.10:/RELEASE_NOTES.txt Release Notes].
Binary packages for 5.10 are available now for Linux, Mac OS and Windows!
You can also checkout the source directly with git:
git clone https://firstname.lastname@example.org/git/otb.git OTB –branch release-5.10
We welcome your feedback and request, and encourage you to [http://groups.google.com/group/otb-users join the OTB community and mailing list]. If you think you face a bug, please [https://bugs.orfeo-toolbox.org/ report it on Mantis].
Happy remote sensing!