We’re proud to announce the release of GeoNetwork opensource v2.6.0. This is a major release for the project that provides great new functionality, helping all those that need to publish their geographic data and services with standardized metadata.
You can find the software at https://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork/
This release includes the following new or improved functionality:
- Performance improvements on search and indexing
- INSPIRE Search panel and metadata view
- New embedded Web Map Viewer based on OpenLayers
- Multilingual metadata display and editing support for the ISO19115/19119/19110 metadata standards (encoding based on ISO19139)
- Keywords and Coordinate Reference System selection panels
- Advanced data and metadata export
- Metadata relations management (Parent/child metadata, related service metadata, related feature catalogues)
- Advanced schema and schematron validation of metadata with reporting improvements
- Visual warnings in the metadata editor
and many more…
GeoNetwork opensource (http://geonetwork-opensource.org) is a standards based geospatial catalog application that helps people and organizations to organize and publish their geospatial data through the web. It is currently used in numerous Spatial Data Infrastructure initiatives across the world.