On behalf of the GDAL/OGR development team and community, I am pleased to announce the release of GDAL/OGR 1.8.0. GDAL/OGR is a C++ geospatial data access library for raster and vector file formats, databases and web services. It includes bindings for several languages, and a variety of command line tools.
The 1.8.0 release is a major new feature release with the following highlights:
- New GDAL drivers : GTX, HF2, JPEGLS, JP2OpenJPEG, JPIPKAK, KMLSUPEROVERLAY, LOS/LAS, MG4Lidar, NTv2, OZI, PDF, RASDAMAN, XYZ
- New OGR drivers : AeronavFAA, ArcObjects, GPSBabel, HTF, LIBKML, MSSQLSpatial, NAS, OpenAir, PDS, PGDump, SOSI, SUA, WFS
- Significantly improved OGR drivers : DXF, GML
- New implemented RFCs:
- RFC 7: Use VSILFILE for VSI*L Functions
- RFC 24: Progressive data support in GDAL
- RFC 28: OGR SQL Generalized Expressions
- RFC 29: OGR Set Ignored Fields
- RFC 30: Unicode Filenames
- RFC 33: GTIFF – Corrected PixelIsPoint Interpretation
- New utility : gdallocationinfo
More complete information on the new features and fixes can be found in the zip and tar.gz), testsuite and docs/web site are available for download.