The OSGeo Education and Curriculum Project
This component of OSGeo is focused on building a repository of educational material related to geoscience in general, and open source geospatial software specifically. In the 2007 FOSS4Geo conference, it became apparent that there is broad interest to coordinate, collaborate and share educational materials. Moreover, its clear that content authors -- all over the world -- are ready and willing to share their content with others. The OSGeo educational effort is working to organize and coordinate these interests and efforts. Want to join us?
1. Let us know about you.
- Subscribe to our mailing list;
- Add your name to interested participant list;
- Contact an education group liaison to a local chapter or,
- email cschweik AT umass DOT edu.
2. Share or link to your educational material.
- Add a link to your education-related content into our searchable database at https://www.osgeo.org/node/add/edu-content, or better yet,
- Upload your educational content to the ELOGeo educational repository maintained by our partners at the University of Nottingham.
3. Check out our older Searchable Database of Educational Material
4. Join the growing Open Geospatial Labs Network.
- See our current initiatives page.
5. Spread the word.
- Tell other potential contributors you know about this effort!