The OSGeo Education and Curriculum Project
This component of OSGeo is focused on building a repository of educational material related to geoscience in general, and open source geospatial software specifically. In the 2007 FOSS4Geo conference, it became apparent that there is broad interest to coordinate, collaborate and share educational materials. Moreover, its clear that content authors -- all over the world -- are ready and willing to share their content with others. The OSGeo educational effort is working to organize and coordinate these interests and efforts. Want to join us?
1. Let us know about you.
- Subscribe to our Edu mailing list and introduce yourself;
- Contact an education group liaison to a local chapter or,
- email cschweik AT umass DOT edu.
2. Share or link to your educational material.
- Upload your educational content to the ELOGeo educational repository maintained by our partners at the University of Nottingham.
3. Check out our older Searchable Database of Educational Material
4. Join the growing ICA-OSGeo Labs Network.
- Take a tour of the Labs dedicated website geoforall.org
- Join the discussions on ICA-OSGeo-Labs mailing list
- Interested in joining the network? Find here how to take part to the initiative.
5. Spread the word.
Tell other potential contributors you know about this effort!