UK Open Source Geospatial Training
|| Number Days
|Migrating to QGIS||1st February 2016||1||GeoData (University of Southampton)|| More Details
|Introduction to QGIS||2nd - 3rd February 2016||2||GeoData (University of Southampton)|| More Details
|QGIS 2.0||23rd - 24th February 2016||2||Astun Technology|| More Details
|QGIS Advanced||25th February 2016||1||Astun Technology|| More Details
|PostGIS for the Enterprise||1st - 3rd March 2016||3||Astun Technology|| More Details
|PostGIS for GIS Professionals||1st - 2nd March 2016||2||Astun Technology|| More Details
|PostGIS for the Administrator||1st & 3rd March 2016||2||Astun Technology|| More Details
|GeoServer||8th & 9th March 2016||2||Astun Technology|| More Details
|Migrating to QGIS||5th April 2016||1||GeoData (University of Southampton)|| More Details
|Introduction to QGIS||19th - 20th April 2016||2||GeoData (University of Southampton)|| More Details
The following organisations provide training courses in open source geospatial software. Please note that inclusion in this list does not constitute endorsement by OSGeo or the OSGeo UK.
- Newcastle University See website for details.
- Lancaster University If interested in future events contact Barry Rowlingson
- Lutra Consulting provide training and support in open source GIS. See website for details.
- Astun Technology provide training, support and consultancy in the use of open source GIS including PostGIS, QGIS, MapServer, GeoServer, OpenLayers and GDAL/OGR. Astun are actively involved in the OSGeo community employing active members including Jo Cook, Mike Saunt and Matt Walker. We are passionate about open source supporting events such as OS GIS, seconding several staff to the Local Organising Committee of FOSS4G 2013 and providing funding to OSGeo as well as contributing to and funding features for PostGIS, OpenLayers, QGIS, MapServer, MapProxy and Loader.
- Newgrove play an active role in and provide tailored training in numerous Open Source GIS projects. We have particular expertise in NetTopologySuite, GeoAPI, SharpMap, MsSqlSpatial and NPack where we are project co-ordinators. We are also on the steering committee for DotSpatial. Newgrove also contribute to several other projects including: MapServer, OpenLayers, GIS and pgRouting. See our website for further details or email email@example.com with your specific requirements.
- Dotted Eyes provide public and tailored training for the open geospatial stack including OpenLayers, GeoServer, GeoWebCache and PostGIS. See Dotted Eyes website for details.
- OADigital provide training courses in desktop and web-based GIS using open source components, catering for a variety of skill and experience levels and user requirements. See website for details.
- thinkWhere provide training for QGIS desktop including QGIS 1 & 2 a two day course that takes delegates through the basics of GIS and introduces them to QGIS for editing, analysis and geoprocessing. They also offer a QGIS Fast Track which takes GIS users of existing commercial systems through the basics of using QGIS with a workshop style session. See the thinkWhere website for details.
- Envitia offer a set of training and support packages that cover a range of levels for the OpenGeo Suite Enterprise Edition, including PostGIS, GeoServer, GeoWebCache, OpenLayers, and GeoExt. Envitia have been delivering Open Source solutions for many years. Envitia are the sole UK Solution Partner for OpenGeo and are supporting the annual Open Source event FOSS4G 2013 as gold sponsors. See website for further details.
- Environment Systems deliver off-the-shelf and tailored training courses taking delegates from the basics of QGIS desktop through to advanced analysis; from introducing you to GIS editing, analysis and geoprocessing through to raster processing and integration with R for statistical analysis. We have extensive experience in delivering courses in the UK and overseas, to local authorities, central government and NGOs. Contact us for further details.
- exeGesIS delivers public and tailored QGIS training courses either on site or in our training suite in Talgarth, South Wales. We have provided GIS training across the UK & Ireland for many years and across various sectors. Our focus is the delivery of training covering the key features of the software and using a range of interactive learning approaches. We also keep course numbers small, which benefits delegates by providing greater opportunities for participation and greater individual attention.
- GeoData (University of Southampton) offers QGIS training at Introductory and Advanced level, or alternatively a one-day ‘conversion’ course for users of other GIS software – Migrating to QGIS. Alongside training, we provide support and consultancy services. See Website for details.
For support, please see the global OSGeo Services Providers pages.
To be included in the list please contact Matt Walker or post to the OSGeo UK mailing list.