OSGeo Sponsorship Opportunities
Welcome to another exciting year for OSGeo! Many of our most important initiatives are only possible thanks to the support of our volunteers and sponsors. If you are in position to support our community, events and activities in 2017 we would love to hear from you.
Foundation SponsorshipOSGeo sponsorship is accumulated across events giving us a chance to recognize organizations that support us financially at each level of our community from local chapter meetups, project sprints, foundation initiatives, local FOSS4G events and this year’s global FOSS4G 2017 in Boston.
- Platinum Sponsor: $20,000
- Gold Sponsor: $10,000
- Silver Sponsor: $3,000
- Bronze Sponsor: $500
InitiativesWe have two key OSGeo initiatives with fund raising targets in 2017:
- Digital asset rebranding and website reboot: The marketing committee has volunteered to undertake an Expression of Interest and Request for Proposals process to revamp the OSGeo visual and online presence in 2017. This is a significant user-focused undertaking that would greatly benefit from your support!
- OSGeo-UN GIS Hackathon: Our UN Committee would like to host sprints and workshops with UN partners as part of FOSS4G Africa 2017 July 1st. Additional fundraising is slated to help with travel costs allowing OSGeo project leads to attend.
Project SponsorshipEach OSGeo Project has the opportunity to receive funds through project-specific donations at several predefined funding levels. Funds are allocated by the projects for tasks such as end-user support, fixing outstanding issues, and adding new functionality. Donors receive public acknowledgment through the project's sponsorship web page.
- Read more about GDAL/OGR sponsorship opportunities
- Read more about GRASS GIS sponsorship opportunities
- Read more about Mapbender sponsorship opportunities
- Read more about MapGuide sponsorship opportunities
- Read more about OpenLayers sponsorship opportunities
- Read more about QGIS sponsorship opportunities
Event SponsorshipFOSS4G is the annual international conference organized by OSGeo but representing many more projects and communities. There are many sponsorship opportunities through this conference which draws more than 500 people from around the world. It is the premier event for hands-on learning, face-to-face networking and meeting with other likeminded people and organizations. Event sponsorship opportunities:
- FOSS4G 2017 Boston - our celebrated meeting of the tribes global event with keynote speakers from Paul Ramsey to Dr. Richard Stallman.
- FOSS4G Europe 2017 - a great combination of workshops, conference and code sprint July 18th-22nd in Paris.
- FOSS4G-ASIA 2017- Extends foss4g to Asia welcomingall GIS communities and tribes to Hyderaba January 26-29.
- FOSS4G Africa 2017 - a great mix of events with SAGTA + GeoforAll June 26-28, QGIS users group 28-30 June, followed by a code sprint and UN Hackfest 1 July.
- Daytona Beach Code Sprint 2017 - our annual code sprint takes place in North America this year, bringing together project members to make decisions and tackle larger geospatial problems.
- Java 2017 Code Sprint - GeoServer team has pulled together a sprint for March 27th to focus on improvements to the REST API
- Additional regional and project events will be announced throughout the year, keep your eye open for a chance to assist either financially or in person.