GEOSTAT 2014 Summer School, Bergen, Norway
The GEOSTAT 2014 Summer School for PhD students and R-sig-geo enthusiasts will be held this year at the Norwegian School of Economics (NHH), Bergen, Norway in the period 15-22 June 2014 (arrive Sunday to depart Sunday). The topics include: spatial and spatio-temporal data and analysis in R, R as a GIS, spatial data modelling with raster package, visualization of spatial and spatio-temporal data in Google Earth, GRASS GIS and QGIS tutorials, and spatio-temporal geostatistics.
This summer school is limited to 50 participants (two parallel sessions). Selection of candidates is based on a ranking system, which is based on: time of registration, solidarity (participants further away from the venue receive higher ranking), academic record, and contributions to open source projects. The registration costs for the summer school are typically between EUR 300 - 400; these cover the actual costs, no profits are made. The organizers provide no funding/scholarships to participants. Participants from ODA-listed countries, however, can apply for a subsidized price for registration costs.
To register for this summer school please visit the event homepage at:
The registration deadline is 1st March 2014.
- Roger Bivand: Representing and handling spatial and spatio-temporal data in R
- Robert Hijmans: Spatial modeling with environmental data (raster and dismo packages)
- Edzer Pebesma: Spatial and spatio-temporal statistics with R: an introduction
- Barry Rowlingson: QGIS + R tutorial
- Tomislav Hengl: plotKML tutorial (visualization of spatial and spatio-temporal data from R to Google Earth)
- Markus Metz: GRASS GIS 7 tutorial / update
- Benedikt Gräler: Spatio-temporal geostatistics: choosing and fitting models, interpolation (gstat tutorial)