OpenLayers 2.12 Released
The OpenLayers Development Team is proud to announce the final release of OpenLayers 2.12!
OpenLayers 2.12 can be downloaded from http://openlayers.org/download/
OpenLayers 2.12 offers great new features and improvements in various areas:
- A new CSS-customizable zoom control.
- Sensible projection defaults to ease the creation and configuration of maps.
- Tile caching for offline use.
- CSS-based tile animation.
- UTFGrid support.
- Improved image request management (tile queue).
- Fractional zooming for tiled layers (a.k.a. client zoom).
OpenLayers 2.12 deprecates a number of properties, methods and constructors, and the deprecated objects have been moved to a separate deprecated.js file.
Please look at the release notes for more information: https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/blob/master/notes/2.12.md