MapGuide Open Source Project Info Sheet
Home Page: http://mapguide.osgeo.org/
Mailing List: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/mapguide-users
MapGuide Open Source enables users to develop and deploy web mapping applications and geospatial web services.
MapGuide features an interactive viewer that includes support for feature selection, property inspection, map tips, and operations such as buffer, select within, and measure.
MapGuide includes an XML database for managing content, and supports most popular geospatial file formats, databases, and standards.
- Windows and Linux, Apache and IIS, and multiple browser support
- Interactive map viewing
- Quality cartographic output
- Built-in storage of XML resource documents
- Uniform access of vector and raster data using Feature Data Objects (FDO) API
- Flexible application development: PHP, .NET, Java
- Extensive server-side APIs
- Fast, scalable, secure server platform
You can use MapGuide Open Source to produce attractive thematic maps and provide spatial analysis and reporting functions - here, creating buffer zones around selected parcels.
The AJAX Viewer delivers raster based maps to almost any browser, including Safari. This viewing option ensures that any user on any platform can access designs and maps without requiring a specific browser.