Submitting News Items
Do you have an interesting news item related to OSGeo, an OSGeo project or the Open Source Geospatial area in general? If so, consider submitting it to OSGeo for inclusion on the OSGeo news page.
News submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ideally submissions should be HTML fragments, though plain text is also acceptable. If accepted the OSGeo news editors will reformat as appropriate, and the item will appear on the OSGeo announcement list on the main page, on the news archive page and possibly on the OSGeo announce email list.
Some examples of good news items:
- A significant new release from an OSGeo project.
- A project entering or completing incubation.
- An OSGeo statement of support for an initiative (such as for publicgeodata.org).
- An OSGeo appearance at a conference.
- A new OSGeo committee, chapter, or working group being initiated.
- A major release from a non-OSGeo project that is considered quite significant to the OSGeo community (such as PostGIS, or GeoServer for instance). However, freegis.org remains the comprehensive resource for new open source geospatial project release announcements.